Sunday, December 2, 2007

It’s Christmas Time!

I love Christmas, don’t you? Of course you do. You’re my family! It’s in our genes. We had a really nice Thanksgiving here at home. We got all of our Christmas decorations up last Saturday. I did my Christmas shopping last week online. It was great. I didn’t have to go anywhere, and I have almost everything bought. I am hard at work on this year’s story, too. I was almost done when Xander was born, and that slowed me down a bit on the whole writing thing. Yesterday we got a bunch of snow, so now it really feels like Christmas. Tracy and the kids spent a lot of time playing outside together.

pb220004.JPG pc010009.JPG

I found a scripture in the Book of Mormon that sums up why I love Christmas. It’s Alma 26:35-36: “Now have we not reason to rejoice? Yea, I say unto you, there never were men that had so great reason to rejoice as we, since the world began; yea, and my joy is carried away, even unto boasting in my God; for he has all power, all wisdom, and all understanding; he comprehendeth all things, and he is a merciful Being, even unto salvation, to those who will repent and believe on his name. Now if this is boasting, even so will I boast; for this is my life and my light, my joy and my salvation, and my redemption from everlasting wo.”

Have a great Christmas season!

No comments: