Sunday, August 21, 2011

It's Been Quite a Week

My Grandpa Taylor passed away. I will miss him.


My parents and Tiffany came and stayed with us most of the week. It was good to have them here.

I got to see all of my family at Grandpa's viewing and funeral. The service was beautiful and I loved the Air Force Honor Guard at the cemetery. Very moving.





Our kitty, Alice, was hit by a car and killed. =( Darn it.

Saturday, we drove Ryan down to Ephraim and moved him into his dorm at Snow College. That was hard! I can't believe he doesn't live with us anymore. I sure hope he will make new friends and have a great time at college. I miss him already!

So, know I'm feeling tired and emotionally drained. School starts tomorrow, and although I love fall, the end of summer always makes me feel melancholy.

I am so thankful for the comfort of the Holy Ghost and the tender mercies of the Lord that have been with me all this week.

5 comments:

tiffany said...

im so sad that alice the furocis died too and the funral was very nice i enjoyed seeing everyone and thank you for your hospitality and im sure ryan will be haveing the time of his life at collage im so excited for him

Larry and Cindy said...

Thanks for the nice place to stay and your sweet family always makes us feel welcome. So sad about Alice. I know how you feel about Ryan going to college I remember you leaving for BYU like it was yesterday. Love Ya, MOM

Heather said...

What a sad week you had. :( I'm SO sorry! hang in there!!!

Linz said...

I'm sorry about your cat. That's so sad. And I am so glad we got to see each other at the funeral.

Good luck to Ryan!! I am sure that was hard. How are the siblings taking it? Did Rusty cry? ;) I sure love you guys!

Michelle said...

That IS quite the week. Love you guys!