Thursday, August 21, 2008

If you are wondering what we've been up to...

Or even if you haven't...Here's Ryan marching in Salem Hills High School's first ever marching band in their first ever parade -- Salem Days. They sounded great!
Some of our garden bounty. Mmmmm. Still waiting for the watermelon to ripen.Some shots from our day camp up in Hobble Creek Canyon. We couldn't spend the night, so we just spent the day from lunch until it got dark.
The first day of school!
This is what our front yard looks like, but not for long...

A couple of weeks ago, I rented The Music Man because I wanted to watch it, but I wasn't sure how it would go over with the kids. Well, they loved it. We watched it two nights in a row, and they've been walking around singing 76 Trombones and Gary, Indiana, and Goodnight, Ladies. The boys told me that they especially liked, "those four guys who sing together." The Babershop Quartet! Me, too. It must be in our blood. So, anyway, I'm trying to weasel Tracy, Ryan, Rusty, and Ryan's friend Dallin (who sings bass) into learning some babershop music. I've even ordered some for them. We'll take them over to sing for Grandma and Grandpa Taylor. If I can get them to do it.

9 comments:

tiffany said...

nice pictures. i enjoyed this post. i would love to hear ryan play in the band. so if you can video it and post it on your blog its easy to do. gma & gpa would love for them to sing for them have mom pray that they will if she prays fpr it it will happen. now what s going on with your yard? i thought it already had grass on it. i guess i have only seen it with snow instead of dirt.

love you tiff

Angie said...

Sorry, no video camera, and under the snow was a lot of rocks and weeds. Grass is coming soon!

Linz said...

If they get a quartet together, you BETTER record them for me to see or bring them down to St. George. Just kidding... but not about recording them! I would love to hear them!!! PLEASE BOYS!!!!

Anyway, lovely veggies and pictures! I can't wait to see you "after" picture of your front yard! Yea!

Linz said...

Oh, I just read about the camera. Could you borrow one? =D

tiffany said...

dosent your digital camrea have a video setting you can video?

Michelle said...

I'm excited to see what you do with your yard. Ours'll have to wait until next year. It'll be a very muddy winter. Any advice? :)

Grandma and Grandpa are going to LOVE your boys barbershopping. You have DEFINITELY got to get your hands on a video camera. I wanna see it too! Will they have it ready by the family reunion?

I'm pretty envious of all those yummy, bright red, juicy tomatoes you've got goin' there.

Larry and Cindy said...

Looks like the Lofthouse family is alive and well. How fun to get a front yard!!! The kids look great on the first day of school and an afternoon at Hobble Creek sounds like HEAVEN to me!!! Wish I were there!!! LYA&F,MOM

Pam and Rand said...

Your garden looks great and I can't believe how darling that baby is! I hope you guys can come to the reunion. We'll be in Marjorie Paye Hinckley and the challenge course has a zip line. It is suppose to be fun. Did you get the email?

Unknown said...

Ooh! Can you post a sound bite here? I would love to hear them! What a fun family night? It's so great that they love Music Man! I bet Guys and Dolls would be a hit too.