Sunday, March 29, 2009

4-Year-Old Seeks Husband; Must Be Able To Dance

A couple of days ago, Camary (our 4-year-old) came wandering into my room and said, "I still don't know who I'm going to be married to."
Me: "Oh yeah?"
Camary: "Maybe it will be Skyler's dad." (Skyler is one of Camary's friends.)
Me: "I think Skyler's dad is already married."
Camary, in a resigned tone: "I know."
Me, jokingly: "What about Beau?"
Camary: "The kitty?"
Me: "Yeah."
Camary: "No, he doesn't dance very well."

Camary frequently wonders who she is going to marry, usually assuming it will be someone's dad or one of Ryan's friends, so I tried to explain to her that her husband is probably about four years old right now. She gave me a look that said, "Right, like I'm going to marry a 4-year-old!"

So, if you know any 4-year-old boy out there, send him Camary's way in about 12 years. Just remember: He has to be able to dance.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

She's obviously older than you think she is! ;) I love that he has to dance. That is so funny!

tiffany said...

hahahahaha that is the funniest and absolutly the cutestest story ever i love her she is so cute and so smart when can i have her? really when can i have her? kent has a nephew that is 4 he is really cute and fun i will have to introduce them at the wedding

i love how beau the kitty can dance just not very well and i agree with janyece she is older then you think facebook has a quiz that tells you how old you really are i took it the quiz it said im really 50 i always wanted and felt older then i am maybe thats why it has never bothered me that i have always known i was going to marry someone way older then me

Michelle - aka Belle said...

I have a cute as heck boy that will be four in September. He is an AWESOME dancer. Let's get them together! (Remember, I married a younger man. They're the best!)

Janay said...

Ryan's interested! He's six. I told him that Camary needed a husband who can dance, and he got all excited and asked my mom if he could quit piano and take dance instead. :D

Angie said...

Oh, man. That made me laugh so hard, Janay. They'd make a cute couple!