Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My New Car! (And some other stuff.)

It's a 2003 Chevy Cavalier with less than 60,000 miles on it. We needed something to replace the van (which died an ignominious death), and something that I can graciously loan to Ryan now and then once he gets his license (next month!), especially for things like 6:30 am Marching Band practice or early morning seminary or all the band activities I'm always running him, too. We were very blessed to be able to pay cash for the car.

Yesterday was the Region Solo and Ensemble festival at Emery High. Since Tracy was playing for Ryan and one of his friends, and since we love Castle Dale, He and I and Camary and Xander took a little day trip. It was fun. Tracy played for Ben first. It was two hours before Ryan's solo, so we went out and got some lunch. We got to the restaurant at the same time as the North Sanpete High band, so we had a looong wait for our food. It was worth it, though. Then we raced back to the high school for Ryan's performance. He did good, but I don't know yet if he qualified for State. We also go to see Tracy's Aunt Eileen and his cousin Sylvia and her husband, Kevin. Eileen was playing piano for lots of the Emery kids. It was great to see them. We drove home over Huntington and Fairview Canyon. So beautiful! It was a fun day.

UPDATE!!! Ryan did in fact qualify for State. Way to go, Ryan! And I neglected to mention that Aunt Eileen was Tracy's first piano teacher. Did a good job with him, eh?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so homesick right now! Jealous doesn't begin to cover it! ;)

Hey, restaurant in Castle Dale? I think you must have been dreaming! What restaurant?

Way to go, Ryan - on the solo and the license!

Linz said...

Great car!! I can't believe Ryan will be driving and *gulp* dating next month!!! Wow!

And good job Ryan on the solo!! I can't wait to hear if he qualified... knowing him he probably did!

tiffany said...

i just read on facebook that ryan qualified for state im so proud of him he is AMAZING he is smart and talented musically

i feel so old now that ryan will be 16 driving & dateing in a month

the car is nice i like it

my word to type is ables hehehehe

Larry and Cindy said...

Congratulations to Ryan...WAY TO GO! The car looks like a great find. That will save you a lot of running around. Did the van actually die and can't be resusitated? I am sorry I do not know how to spell resusitated! I bet it was fun to go to Emery County. I haven't been there since Jim's funeral! Love to all of you, Grandma Cindy

mandi said...

Nice car! And way to go Ryan!! That's so awesome!!

Brooke said...

Congrats to Ryan!