Thursday, July 30, 2009

School Registration Time Again!

Woah. Only three weeks left of our summer vacation. I took Sam and Finlay to the elementary school registration today. I must say they have certainly streamlined the process this year. I was quite relieved to only have to fill out one family information card instead of five different forms three different times for each kid. Of course, there was also the Residential Survey, which I refused to fill out. For some reason that just rubs me the wrong way. The government doesn't need to know what kind of house my kids live in. I also registered Camary for preschool--three days a week this year! I'm sure she'll have a blast once again. Hard to believe that next year she'll be starting kindergarten. Of course, she only misses the deadline by two weeks, so she really should be starting this year. But it's nice to have her home with me for an extra year. Next week is Jr. High registration, and we get to just mail in the High School forms. Or even just pay online. Cool.

So, with summer winding down it's time to think about shopping for new clothes and notebooks and pencils and backpacks. I always feel a little sad and nostalgic when summer ends, though I know the school year is filled with wonderful activities and events to look forward to. I feel the same way when the school year ends, too. My kids are growing up so fast! The years pass so quickly that I feel like I want to hold onto everything just a little bit longer, but I'm looking forward to the future at the same time. (I have actually given much thought to the thrill of becoming a grandmother, though that won't be for while yet.) How do you all feel about the end of summer?

2 comments:

Linz said...

This is really my first "real" summer. With a start, at the end of preschool, and an end - with the start of Kindergarten. I am feeling excited, terrified, and sad. I look forward to having some one on one time with Andrew, but I am going to miss Auri so so much while she's at school! At least it's just half day this year. Yikes! But I am sad to have summer end this year. We have had a great summer!

Good luck with all the school shopping!

tiffany said...

i love summer best season of the year nothing better then a vegas summer however it means its closer to my wedding