Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Thing or Two

Camary took a little dance class during July, taught by the daughter of her preschool teacher and a friend of hers. I think she enjoyed it. They had a little recital after their last class. Here are a few pictures.

There is a benefit to having a boatload of older brothers. Xander found a Tonka dump truck down in the basement. His eyes got all big and excited when he showed it to me.


He said, "wow," over and over, and, "Yay!" and, "Oh, yeah." I cleaned it up and took it outside for him. He pushed it around making truck noises. Are truck sound effects inborn in boys? I think they are.
Ryan had marching band camp all last week. They learned their competition show for this year. He had a great time. Last night, the band performed the show for their families and we had a barbecue. The band sounded great. They are playing songs by Queen. Ryan has several trombone solos. He totally rocked, of course.


A couple of weeks ago, Tracy went to tour the new pipeline his company is building in western Colorado. He had a good time, but I sure missed him.

He is quite an awesome guy. He gardens, he grinds wheat, bakes homemade bread, cooks better than I do, leads the choir, plays the piano, accompanies me when I sing and takes care of all my computer woes. Not to mention his unfailing support of all my writing endeavors, no matter how much time I spend at it.


It's a shame how I get so hung up on his faults sometimes, because he really is quite amazing. I love you, Tracy!

I just posted another of my short stories, "Among the Silent Stars," on my blog, if you'd like to read it. I'd love to read your thoughts about it.

4 comments:

Linz said...

Camary is an angel! ANd Xander is so so cute! And yes - truck noises are part of the male genetic makeup.

Way to go Ryan and yes, Tracy totally rocks! ANd so do you!

Larry and Cindy said...

I love your post Angie!!! How cute is Camary in dance class...she must continue to pursue her dancing! Xander...what a cutie!!! I have always felt like boys come with the natural ability to make truck sounds and shooting sounds and all of that stuff!!! I also give Tracy a big thumbs up for all his talents and all he does and what a great Father and Husband and Son in law he is!!! Angie, you are right there with him too. You go Ryan...You excel at everything you do!!! Keep up the good work! Now for the rest of the T&A Lofthouse crew Rusty, Sam and Finlay, you fall in the same catagory of over achievers as the rest of you family!!! I for one say YOU GO LOFTHOUSE FAMILY!!! Love to all, Gma Cindy

Michelle said...

I love your posts. It's so fun to keep up with your families' adventures.

I just love Xander. He is so stinkin' cute and fun!

I look forward to reading "Among the Silent Stars".

Unknown said...

Amazing runs in the Lofthouse genes! Okay, just kidding. Tracy is amazing though and so are you!

I do think truck noises are written up somewhere in the "y" chromosome!