Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Back to School

It's the first day of school. Ryan left at some insanely early hour to get to Marching Band on time. It starts at 6:30am. Hence, no picture. :( Good news, though--he drove himself there! I think I'll make him earn his keep with the car by picking up the others from school every day, and running other errands for me. Ah, another driver. How sweet it is. Ryan started his Junior year today. Wow. Time flies, eh?

Rusty left next, at seven, for eighth grade. He got us up at 6:50 for family prayer. (I went back to bed afterward.) I sent him to school with an ear infection. Ironic. He had an ear infection on the last day of school too. Problem? Maybe. He's feeling better today, though.


Sam and Finlay got to leave at the much more reasonable hour of 8:30. Sam is in sixth grade, his last year of elementary, and Finlay is in the third grade. Usually, the school has an open house the day before the first day so the kids can meet their teachers. They didn't do it this year. So, they're going in cold. Well, not Sam. He knows his teacher since Rusty had Mr. Applegate in fifth grade, and he is also the director of the school choir which Sam is a part of. Finlay's teacher, Ms. Orton, is brand new this year, though, so he gets to be surprised. I'm sure they're having a great time.


It's pretty quiet around here with just Camary, Xander and I. Xander seemes to be devoting his full energies to tormenting Camary. Fun, fun. Camary will start preschool again on the 31st. It occured to me recently that in just two years I will have a child in every level of education from preschool to college. Wild, eh?

4 comments:

Linz said...

That is wild! I love it! Tell everyone good luck from me!

tiffany said...

not everyone can say that about their kids when we moved to vegas i didnt meet my teacher either it was her first year as a teacher here in vegas she was awsome love her then when i was on my mission i found out her parents lived in colorado yea shes a mormon it was neat

Michelle said...

hahaha. I was just thinking ... "that IS wild!" ... but, Linz beat me to it. I have a jr. high-er, an elementary-er, and a pre-school-er ... all 3 going and coming at different times. It's weird.

Good luck with just the littles ... that's probably one of my biggest adjustments at the beginning of the school year ... well, aaaand waking up early. I do that "go back to bed for a bit" trick just about every day. :)

Happy schooling!

Unknown said...

That is crazy! It sounds like you've got a busy year ahead of you!