Sunday, January 10, 2010

Home Teachers

Well, I haven't posted for a while here, so I thought I'd just talk about some random stuff. Whatever comes to mind. Rusty was ordained a Teacher last month and was assigned to home teach . . . us! He's now our home teacher's partner. They came to see us today. We keep teasing Rusty that he has to walk down to Brother Hansbrow's house (just four doors down), and then come to see us. We also informed him that now that he's our home teacher, he has to cheerfully help us out with whatever we ask him to do. :) Okay, he pretty much does that anyway, but not always cheerfully.

Xander got hold of a flashlight during our home teaching visit, and thought it was just hilarious to shine it in Rusty's eyes, and then in Brother Hansbrow's eyes. Then to run away giggling when Dad got up to get the flashlight. He also unloaded videos and tried to plug in the TV games. Then he rammed his dump truck into the kitchen cabinets. Kevin (Bro. Hansbrow), said, "I love this place." I think he really meant it. He also said he was going keep Sophie, his two year old daughter, away from Xander, since he's crazy. (I don't think he really meant that.)

Rusty also gave a talk on the Priesthood in Sacrament Meeting today. He did a wonderful job. I was so proud. We also had a departing missionary and a returned missionary speak. The chapel looked like Stake Conference with all the visitors, but I felt like I was singing a solo when I led the hymns. Come on people! We're singing Called to Serve for heaven's sake! Put some life into it!

Here is a picture of our home teacher (and his lovely wife) on the pioneer trek:

5 comments:

tiffany said...

im loving the flashlight story xander is so stiken cute & fun i want him i think its great that rusty is your home teacher thats fun

Linz said...

Congratulations Rusty! It's great to have your home teacher so readily available! (I'm not sure we even have home teachers...)

I love that story about Xander. I love your home too. It has a wonderful spirit of love!

Love you guys!

Unknown said...

I feel like I'm singing a solo every week in this new branch. Haha!

Awesome, Rusty! That is so great!

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie, I read your blog on Sunday and loved your post but I didn't comment to today (Tuesday 01/12/10) Dad said to me you have got to go read Angie's family blog it is so funny so I come into the computer room and go to your blog and I said I read this. Your Dad Loved the post and Xander's expeditions in life...he is hilarious!!! I have pictures of him sitting in the kitchen sink and pictures of him climbing into the sink and so forth. He is a fun little guy!!! So are all your kids!!! Tell them to just think about when I finally get their Christmas gifts to them it will be like having Christmas all over again!!! Cool Huh??? Love to all, Grandma Cindy P.S. You go Rusty...that is so cool to home teach your own family...Your calling as a Teacher in the Priesthood is to keep them on the straight and narrow and call them to repentance if they mess up...SO HAVE FUN WITH THAT BUDDY!!!

mandi said...

I want my home teacher to be one of my kids! That's awesome!

I haven't seen Xander forever, it seems like, but the last time I did, he was totally on the go at all times! He's so cute!