Monday, January 25, 2010

Tender Mercies (and a Temple!)

President Monson announced a temple in Payson today! Oh, this makes me so, so happy. :) Temples are such a great blessing in our lives. I am so excited. The temples are definitely a tender mercy from the Lord.

Tender mercies come in other forms too. Last night at dinner we were discussing what everyone learned about at church. (We all learned about the Fall. Everything is so coordinated!) Camary said she learned, "About whether we want to live with Jesus or Nathan." Nathan? Who's Nathan? "Satan?" I asked. "Yeah, that." We don't spend much time talking about Satan at home. Well, her little mispronunciation caused me a hysterical giggling fit. If you've never seen me have a hysterical giggling fit, you're really missing out. Well, that giggling fit turned out to be a tender mercy for me. Right before she said that, I was feeling ornery. Really ornery. In fact, "Nathan" had put it into my heart to do and say some really nasty things just then, but you know what? After laughing so hard, I didn't feel grumpy at all. Not one little bit. Thanks, Heavenly Father!

6 comments:

Linz said...

I love your giggle fits! I am glad it put you in a happy mood! What a cute little gal!

And YAY for the new Payson temple!!! That is wonderful!

Michelle said...

Hooray and a half for a temple in Payson!!! Woohoooooo!

That story about "Nathan" is so funny ... the Lord works in mysterious ways! :)

Unknown said...

Amazing how our sweet kids can do that for us! Thank heaven for them. And for tender mercies from the Lord. Is it any wonder why he tells us to be as little children? :)

And yea for a temple in Payson! I just need to move somewhere that's close to one. *sigh*

tiffany said...

i love your giggle fits too they are great i miss them so next time please video it & post it on your blog hooray for the payson temple

mandi said...

hahaha I've joined you in many a giggle fit! They are the best! That is so tender and funny at the same time! Thank heavens for those attitude adjustments - I need them all the time!

Larry and Cindy said...

I love your giggling fits, I have them too but not as often as I need to and I learned those giggling fits from My Mom and maybe you learned them from me. It is such an awesome stress relief!!! I am so tickled pink you are getting a Payson Temple, did they say where it would be built? OH HAPPY DAY AND OH WHAT TENDER MERCIES!!! MOM PS I love the cute thinks that come out of the mouths of children. Nathan, now that is funny, I Love your sweet family so much and Camary is a doll, along with all those adorable boys!!!