Monday, October 20, 2008

Fear Not!

In a quick search of the topical guide, I found 36 different scriptures telling us to fear not or be not afraid. Some of my personal favorites:

Isaiah 41:10: Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.

2Kings 6:16: Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

2Chronichles 20:15: Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.

John 14:27: Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

D&C 6:34: Therefore, fear not little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

D&C 50:41-42: Fear not, little children, for you are mine, and I have overcome the world, and you are of them that my Father hath given me; And none of them that my Father hath given me shall be lost.

D&C 68:6: Wherefore, be of good cheer, and do not fear, for I the Lord am with you, and will stand by you.

A couple of these weren't even in the Topical Guide listing, so there are even more than I counted. Share some of your favorites in the comments if you want.

Next time ... "be of good cheer!"

5 comments:

tiffany said...

thanks for the great post.

Linz said...

Thanks! Those are always wonderful scriptures to read!!

Michelle said...

Thank you so much for sharing that. I really needed to be reminded of that strength. We are so blessed to have the gospel in our lives.

Unknown said...

My personal favorite wasn't listed. 2 Timothy 1:7 "For the Lord hath not given us the spirit of fear.."

I also find great comfort in Isaiah 41 and John 14.

2 Chronicles isn't one you hear a lot and I was glad to be reminded that the battle is God's. It's so easy to let fear of the future overtake me personally. I am so grateful for the constant reminders found in the scriptures and given by the prophets that we need not be afraid. I need them! Being afraid is a great weakness of mine! Thank heaven for the reminders!

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Are you afraid today? I am. I'm afraid that if my baby spits up on me one more time I may scream!
Love you! Thanks for the inspiration. You really are Angelicious!