Saturday, January 24, 2009

Some Important Questions


Who was it over at Disney that thought The Hunchback of Notre Dame would make a great kids' movie? Why do I own a copy of this movie? (I think it may have been the music.) Why do my kids keep pulling it out and watching it? (Maybe that person at Disney wasn't so dumb after all.) But most importantly, why is Esmeralda not included with the Disney Princesses? I mean, if they are going to include Mulan (not a princess in any way) and Pocahontas (also not a princess) then why not Esmeralda? And why not Jane (from Tarzan)?


When you think about it, the only real princesses are Snow White, Aurora, Ariel and Jasmine. Cinderella and Belle only became princesses by marriage, although if you think about it, was the Beast even a prince? Maybe he was at one point, but he certainly didn't have a kingdom to rule over any more when he married Belle. And while we are on the subject of princes, don't you think that Snow White's prince is the lamest guy ever? I mean, he lets the dwarves do all the difficult and dangerous stuff and waltzes in to kiss the princess when it's all safe and convenient. Loser! Prince Phillip, on the other hand, totally rocks.


He fights a dragon with the shield of faith and sword of truth to get to his princess. Now that's a prince! Okay, I'm done.

12 comments:

tiffany said...

p dont know why that is isnt esmerelda a gypse?

Linz said...

Oh, my goodness! You are totally inside my head! Phillip rules (He has always been my favorite prince)! Even Cinderella's prince is lame.

Anyway, great post!

Michelle said...

hahaha! SUPER great post. SO true!

tiffany said...

i do agree also prince phillip is way cool and we dont really see cinderalla's prince he is a dork

Larry and Cindy said...

Very cute post Angie. I haven't talked to you in forever. My new job has been all consuming but I am making progress. Love Ya Mom

Janay said...

Pocahontas was the daughter of the chief! She's an Indian princess.

Angie said...

All right, I concede that Pocahontas is a princess. And to be fair to the princes, Prince Eric is also pretty cool, and the Beast, prince or not, is awesome, too.

Linz said...

You know, now that I think about it, Cinderella's prince totally redeemed himself in Cinderella 3. But Snow White's prince is still totally lame.

Prince Eric was good too!

Angie said...

Cinderella 3?!?!?! I don't know whether to be excited or appalled. Does the prince get a name in Cinderella 3?

tiffany said...

isnt his name charming? cinderella 3 is great. i love it.

Linz said...

I was appalled at first. Then I watched it. It's great! And, no - he's still nameless, but he's WAY cooler in 3!

Unknown said...

Okay, this is the coolest post ever!! I always wanted to marry Prince Phillip! he he! Maybe that's why I wrote my musical about that fairytale. Hmm...