Thursday, February 12, 2009

Happy Anniversary (Saturday)

In honor of our 17 years together . . .

17 Great Memories of You!

1. That group date thing, when my hat blew out the car window and I made you stop and pull over to find it. Then you drove me all the way back to Provo for my ID with me bitching and moaning all the way. You really wanted to date me after that?

2. The time you invited me to your Family Home Evening Group cookout and even made me a tinfoil dinner, only we forgot silverware and Bryce had to use his machete to carve us chopsticks to eat our dinners.

3. We went on a picnic in Rock Canyon, and on the way down the canyon you slammed on the brakes to avoid hitting a snake in the road. I thought we were going to slide right off the cliff!

4. Our first kiss. (In case you don't remember it was September 3, 1991.)

5. The moment I first knew I was going to marry you.

6. When you asked me to marry you, you said, "I have a question," and I said, "I have an answer. You go first." (Hey, I wasn't expecting THAT question.)

7. Sitting in the Celestial Room together after we were sealed.

8. When we went shopping for a suit for our Utah reception and the salesman asked if it was for your mission.

9. The look on your face when you held each of your newborn babies.

10. When Rusty was born, and you and the midwife were busy cutting his (short) umbilical cord, and I asked if it was a boy or girl, since I hadn't seen him yet, and you said, "I don't know. I didn't look."

11. Our birthday trip to the Shakespearean Festival. Remember at the medieval dinner how we got to sit by an interracial lesbian couple? Something I don't see everyday.

12. Our anniversary trip to Cedar City/Brianhead. No wonder I love Cedar City.

13. The tippy-toe dance and subsequent hysterical giggling fit. (It's nice to be married to someone who occasionally causes hysterical giggling fits.)

14. Going on a drive and deciding we wanted to move out to the country.

15. Listening to you play the piano in church – every time.

16. Singing "The King of Love" with you.

17. When you sang "Fine as Fine Can Be" to me at the ward Valentines dance. I know all the other wives were so totally jealous.

Of course, I have many more memories of vacations, camping, hiking, nightly talks, etc. The past seventeen years have been anything but dull. Thanks for the memories, Tracy. Happy Anniversary. I love you!


9 comments:

tiffany said...

still love the list its great on the blog well even better we got a picture on your blog i love that too. i just wanna know what question did you have an answer too? i love you both happy anniversary (saturday)

The Wallace Family said...

17 years!?! Weren't we just in college about 5 years ago? Hope you have a wonderful anniversary :)
I love catching up with you on your blog.

Jenn Wallace

Linz said...

I love that picture! Sweet glasses Tracy! =D Happy Anniversary!!

Michelle said...

Happy Anniversary, you guys! Great 17 memories ... so fun.

mandi said...

First of all, I need to apologize about the comment on facebook. Sometimes I get carried away with what I think is funny and forget that our kids may be reading. OOPS! Sorry about that.

You guys are awesome and it's clear that you were meant for each other!! Happy Anniversary!

Michelle - aka Belle said...

Was it really 17 years ago? My, how time flies when you're having fun!
I'm glad I could've been there at the beginning.
-Michelle

Unknown said...

I can't believe you remember the exact day when you kissed!
Brave, but interesting entry!

amjatm said...

The last comment was from me. Don't know why my log-in came up as that!

Lenny and Amanda said...

Alright I know I am totally late, but happy anniversary.