Sunday, February 22, 2009

A Little Update

Okay, so my blog has gotten boring. Or maybe I'm just bored with it ... Tracy says it's because we're in the winter doldrums right now. Well, here's a little about what we're up to.

Xander gave up crawling about two weeks ago, and is officially a toddler, though I can't get him to wear shoes. He's also using a few words, mostly "this" and "that." He also says "yeah" a lot, and "drink" once in a while. And when he's mad he says something that sounds like "stupid," but may be "stop it." Not quite sure. He's such a cute baby!

Ryan is registering for his Junior classes next year. He's taking Concert Band, Jazz Band, AP Language, AP Physics, AP US History, AP Calculus, Social Dance, Seminary, and Marching Band. Plus Financial Literacy online. Yep. That's FOUR AP classes, and he'll only be a junior. Very cool. He'll start upper level college classes as soon as he graduates, I think.

Rusty moved up from Pre-Algebra to Algebra for the second semester. He is having fun in his CTE class. He sewed himself a bag, and he even sewed up his pajama pants when they ripped. He got to go to work with Tracy for job shadow day.

Sam just finished his fifth grade science fair. He did an experiment to see if our brains pay more attention to the color of the word or the word itself. For example, we had to say the color of the word instead of the color word (red, green, blue, etc.) He did a good job on it.

Finlay reads all the time, so it's hard to keep him in books. He's been enjoying Bone graphic novels lately. He went to the Cub Scout Belt Loop camp on Saturday and earned his science, geology, and math belt loops.

Camary is having fun with the paint program on the computer. She's moved into a big bed now, and we got her room a little more organized with a new toy bin.

Tracy went biking on the Antelope Island Causeway on Saturday. He had fun, but he's sore. He bought a nice big sun lamp to grow seeds in the basement. He just got released from the Sunday School calling that he's been doing for almost three years. More on his new calling later.

I submitted a query letter to Deseret Book, and I'm hoping they'll want to see the whole manuscript of my novel. I am in the planning stages of a new novel now. It's kind of scary since I've been writing short fiction for about 11 years. Sometimes I wonder if I can remember how to write a novel. Guess we'll see. Tracy and I had a good time on our anniversary date to the Gateway in Salt Lake. I guess that's about all for now.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow. Busy. You have such fabulous kids, Ange!

I'm way interested in Sam's science project. That is a really cool idea. What were the results?

I LOVE the first few baby words. That has got to be one of the best stages of toddlerhood. :)

I seriously got the chills when I read about Deseret Book possibly reading your novel manuscript! I'm so excited to purchase your first published novel!

So good to read a quick update.

Here's to the END of winter!!!!!!!! Hurry up, please!

Linz said...

Wow! What a great update! Wow Ryan, the smartiepants! All of your kids are so great!

tiffany said...

your kids are so smart & fabulous im absoultly amazed when i first got to the post my eyes went directly to the colors becuse they wernt writtn in black and i wonderd why are the written in differnt colors then when i read why it made sense why you did that i would also like the results of that project sounds like you guys are 1 busy family

Larry and Cindy said...

Wow wee!!! What a Smart, Busy, Happy, Super active, Family!!! I think you guys are great!!! I will pray for your novel to be published. That would be just so so so awesome!!! I got the fabric for your brides maids dress, it's really pretty. I got Camary an Easter dress. It is really cute, it is pink! I think she loves that color... Well Love Ya'll, MOM

Unknown said...

I got rid of all the RSS feeds because they kept doing buggy things so I just put everyone's URLs in my bookmarks to keep track of them. Somehow when I put yours in, it was on a specific post *Amazing Grace* and I just thought you were so busy, you weren't updating! Eke! Okay, so now I'm catching up!

This was a fun update. I'm curious of the results with Sam's science experiment! It sounds like everyone is doing so well!