Sunday, May 24, 2009

The End is Near

Last week was "Band Awards Dinners" week. On Tuesday was Ryan's band barbecue and awards. He made the turtles to bring. They turned out so yummy. Ryan got an award for being the top student in the marching band. Actually, he tied with his fellow trombone player, Michelle. They were the only two trombones in the marching band, and could outplay the rest of the band all by themselves. Awesome. Thursday was the concert band/concert choir performance at Salem pond. They put on a Memorial Day tribute to veterans. The music was terrific and scenery was breathtaking. Friday was Rusty's fine arts awards banquet. The power was out when we arrived and we ate dinner in the dark and listened to the teachers yell out the awards for the kids sans microphone. Eventually, the power came back on. Rusty got the Leadership Award for his band. Afterwards, Tracy and I took him out to Coldstone for ice cream. Mmmm. I am very proud of both of them and their fine qualities.

You'll note this post is picture-free. I never remember to bring the camera anywhere. Sigh.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the title of this! "The end is near." Bahahahaha!!!!!!

Larry and Cindy said...

the title had me scared for a min great post im proud of ryan and rusty also

Angie said...

Let me clarify -- the end of the school year is near. :)

Linz said...

Congrats to Ryan and Rusty! Those are great awards! What talented guys!

(And BTW - I totally understood what the title meant...)

Larry and Cindy said...

That above post that says Larry and Cindy was really Tiffany. I wondered when I read the title but as soon as I started reading I knew exactly what you meant. Congratulations to one talented family!!! I also forget my camera most of the time you must of learned that from trusty old me!!! Love Ya MOM

Unknown said...

Haha! I knew what the title meant but let it be taken any which way a person wants. lol

Way to go, Ryan and Rusty!