Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hobble Creek Heaven


If there is anywhere better than Hobble Creek Canyon, I haven't found it yet. We went up there yesterday for a "day camp." Spending the night on Friday just didn't work out, but we got there around 1pm on Saturday ate lunch, relaxed, played around and had dinner, too. We even got rained on a little bit. I could go on, but I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

Xander literally careened around the campground. It was an adventure keeping him from going right into the creek.


Sam's been into whittling lately, ever since he found his pocketknife somewhere in the depths of his bedroom.


Fin was into jumping. From a log...

and a boulder.


Camary specializes in cuteness:


As does Rusty:


Mom and Dad relaxed (once Xander fell asleep for a bit).


All in all, it was a fun afternoon. But wait. Where's Ryan??? He went to marching band camp. He leaves for NYC bright and early tomorrow morning. He'll probably have the time of his life. We're sending the camera with him, so I hope he'll have some great pictures to post when he comes back.

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Ahhhhh ... that really got me excited for Summertime fun! What a fabulous day!

Good luck, Ryan. Can't wait to see pics!

Oh. And Rusty .... sooooooooooo cute! Great specialty! :)

Fun pics!

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie, I have to agree with the Hobble Creek thing...it is Heaven on Earth, running right up there with Lake Powell!!! My class reunion is June 12 so we will be staying with you guys, if you all agree!!! I may come up sooner if the bug hits me to make you dress for the wedding! I know those kids need their bikes...can't believe you left them... tee hee hee!!!Love Ya, MOM By the way I finished "Zion Rising" it was so...so...so... AWESOME!!! I know with all my heart it will be published soon!!! Tiff is reading it now. Sorry I was so slow but I loved every word!!!

Larry and Cindy said...

I forgot to say how much I love the picture of you all at Hobble Creek, they are so cute!!! Also, I have a picture of our ancestor Beef Steak (George) Harrison with a bunch of people at Hobble Creek and that is also my favorite Golf Course but it has been forever since I have golfed! Tell Ryan to have fun and be safe!!! I wish I could go too!!! Hugs and Kisses to all!!!

tiffany said...

glad you & your family like to camp that gene skiped over me have fun ryan

Linz said...

I love those kind of outtings! They are so great! It does look like Heaven!!

Good luck to Ryan! I am sure he will have a blast!!!

mandi said...

What a fun time! Your kids are all so cute.