Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall Break

This week was the school break formerly known as UEA weekend. We had planned a trip to Vegas, but since we are going next month for Thanksgiving, we decided to stay home this time. On Thursday we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Taylor. It was nice. They have the Halloween decorations up. We had a good visit. Grandma said that sometimes when she's awake at night, she runs through the list of all her great-grandchildren to see if she can remember all their names. I can totally see myself doing that someday.

Friday we went to the Hogle Zoo. It was so fun, and way better than going in the blazing heat of summer. I love the zoo. The baby elephant and giraffe were soooo cute. It was fun to watch Xander get excited about the animals. When we got home, Ryan had some friends over for the beginning of a Lord of the Rings marathon. We watched the Fellowship of the Ring. I always love that. We ate popcorn and candy and pizza. Mmmm. It was a good day.

Saturday, Tracy and I went to the temple in the morning, and Ryan and Rusty went to do baptisms for the dead in the afternoon. Half our family at the temple! Yeah! Ryan went to his friend's house for the conclusion of the LOTR marathon, and Rusty went to a friend's house to watch The Incredible Hulk. The rest of us didn't do much, but that's okay.

Sunday, I was glad to be home to go to my awesome ward. The choir sang. Tracy is the director. I think we sounded pretty good. I enjoyed the Sacrament Meeting talks and the lessons in Sunday school and Relief Society. It has been a peaceful and relaxing afternoon, especially after a two and a half hour nap. (I needed that!)

Earlier this week, I experienced total parental dental failure, but I don't want to talk about it. If you haven't been on the new Family Search site, I highly recommend it. It's not available everywhere yet, but if you can, you should check it out. It's amazing. I don't think they could make family history any easier! It was pretty cool. (Thanks to David for the link on facebook.)

This week we have two band concerts to look forward to, the Taylor Family Halloween party, and the primary program on Sunday.

4 comments:

tiffany said...

sounds like a fun week

i havent been to a zoo since we went to the san deiago zoo over 10 years ago

Linz said...

Sounds like a wonderful UEA weekend! I love that half you family went to the temple on Saturday! What an amazing blessing! (I kinda wanna know the dental story) ;)

Michelle said...

You're the 5th family I know of that went to the zoo on Friday! haha. Sounds like a fabulous weekend. It's fun to have a break ... but boy, am I EVER ready for the break to be over this time. Hmmmmm.

SO EXCITED for the Halloween party! It's fabulous to see everyone. And ... I love watching Gma Taylor's love for all of us. She's the best.

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie...We have had a hard time connecting today. Dad has been telling me for two weeks we can't afford to go to the Taylor Family Halloween Party...Well, today he said I guess we can go!!! So we will leave late tommorow after I get off work at 4:30 and we will be there sometime late. I am so excited to see you all and go to the Halloween Party. Yes of course we will be going as Shrek and Fiona, it fits us so perfectly. I will try to call you once more tonight. Hope you read this!!! Love Ya A&F, MOM