Sunday, October 11, 2009

Long Overdue Update

We've had a lot of blog worthy events lately, but I haven't blogged about them because first of all, I thought I'd wait and post about all of them at once instead of individual posts because I'm lazy like that. Secondly, our camera broke (nice, passive, no-blame sentence), so I don't have any pictures to post. We have taken pictures on a disposable camera and our old 35mm camera (how quaint and old fashioned), so we'll hopefully get that film developed in the next two or three years. (J/K. I hope.)

Anyhow-- Rusty's soccer team won the city league championship! Woohoo! Way to go! They were an awesome team. Rusty played goalie and forward and was great in each position.

Finlay turned nine on the 2nd. He got a blue MP3 player for his birthday. He listens to it a lot. We ordered pizza and had cake and ice cream on his birthday. Homemade cookie dough ice cream with actual homemade cookie dough. I love my ice cream maker. Yesterday (the 10th), we had his party. (We waited a week because of Conference.) We took him and some friends to see Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs. So funny! The kids had a good time.

Ryan went to Homecoming that night. Wow. I can't believe he's that old! He took Ashley Rawle. They both looked so cute. They had a group of five couples and ate dinner at one boy's house, took pictures in the park, went to the dance, and went over to another boy's house to play games. Since it's Utah law that one cannot drive passengers until after you've had your license for six months, I drove Ryan and his friend Dallin and their dates, and Tracy drove them home when they were done (almost midnight). Anyway, I think everyone had a great time, and hopefully we'll have some pictures sometime.

Today was Xander's 2nd birthday. Awww. My baby is two! How time does fly. After witnessing the whole birthday ritual several times in the past month, Xander was absolutely thrilled that it was his turn today. I wish you could have seen his big smile when we sang him "Happy Birthday" and brought out his presents. He got two wooden puzzles, the kind that have knobs on the pieces, and a wooden cube with five different activities on it (a bead maze, shape sorters, clock face, etc.). He totally loved them and played with them all afternoon. After dinner, we had cake and ice cream. We sang "Happy Birthday" again and set the cake in front of him. Right on cue, without any prompting, he leaned forward and carefully blew out each candle on the cake. Words cannot convey the cuteness of that moment. He was delighted. We're so grateful to have him in our family. He's quite a little firecracker.

Okay, I think that's all. Someday I hope to have pictures to post again.

5 comments:

Larry and Cindy said...

I wish I could have been there to see Xander blow out his candles!! What a cutie and yes I think firecracker is such a fitting description!! Congratulations to Rusty and his winning soccor team...You Go Rusty!!! Love to the rest of the family...I am so proud of all of you. Tell Xander the B-day gift is in the mail...I thought you were coming this week or it would have been there!!! Angie thanks for being such a great sister to Tiffany in her time of need. You guys are awesome! Love To All. MOM

Larry and Cindy said...

PS I can't wait to see Ryans pictures from Homecoming...how is it he got to be 16 years old so fast. Man I knew my kids grew up way too fast but I didn't even think of my Grandkids doing the same thing!!! Hugs and kisses, Mom

mcdmonkie said...

I wish I could have seen Xander with his cake too!! What a cutie! And what a wonderful birthday! ;)

Congrats to Rusty and his soccer team! Way cool!

I want to see Ryan's pictures too! Yea!

And happy birthday to everyone!

Linz said...

Oh - that was me! =D

Unknown said...

It sounds like life is wonderful out your way! I'm so glad!