Sunday, May 2, 2010

May 2, 2010

Three weeks in a row! Aren't you proud of me? Yes. Yes, you are. Speaking of pride, I was inordinately proud of this:


 It's a pretty sloppy french braid, but I did it! It took me four tries to get it to look this good. I know I used to be able to french braid. I remember doing it as a teenager, but I've lost the skill. Camary so rarely wants her hair done that I don't get to practice, either, so I was really happy to do it for her today, even if it doesn't look the best.

This week was Ryan's Nebo Youth Philharmonic concert:


Rusty had a couple of soccer games:


And I had my Musettes concert:



Yes, it's concert season. This week we have Rusty's concert and Ryan's jazz band concert. Speaking of jazz band, Ryan's band teacher suggested that he take some private lessons from Mr. Burton (don't know his first name) who teaches jazz at Snow College and is the best trombone player in the state. He agreed to give Ryan lessons starting this Friday. The best part? As long as Ryan practices, the lessons are free! He has to drive out to Ephraim, but still. That's just awesome. What a great opportunity for him.

I'll leave you with a picture of Xander cooking lunch for us:

What a sweet little chef!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

Have I mentioned that I am in love with Xander? Every time I look at a picture of him my heart just melts and I can't help but smile. He's a doll.

Way-ta-GO to Ryan! That is really REALLY cool.

You guys sure keep busy! Great job, Ange, in the Musette group. You look great!

Unknown said...

Way to go, Xander! Ryan, that is an awesome opportunity! Good luck to all during concert season!

I've always been able to braid my own hair, but trying to braid someone else's always seemed harder. I wonder if it's just me...

Linz said...

I'm in love with Xander too!

Those private lessons for Ryan are AWESOME! What a great opportunity!!! He is such an amazing young man! And you forgot to mention the 32 on the ACT!!! Holy Cow!!