Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I Finished The Host

I suppose you want to know what I thought. Okay...

I thought it was a fresh, unique look at a well-used sci-fi theme. I mean, glowy eyes are such a cliche, but she totally pulls it off. It is well-written and the characterization is exceptional. The emotion is genuine and convincing. There are parts of the book that really drag. She can be a bit long-winded. Like, three full pages describing her walking to the bathroom?? It felt like she was really belaboring the point. Okay, she's scared. Everyone hates her. We get it already. I found the whole romance thing to be tiresome and unappealing. (*high-pitched voice* Ooo- I'm on fire when he touches me. Please. My eyes are rolling out of my head.) And the not-quite-sex scenes are over the edge in my book. Overall, though, I thought it was well done. The ending was satisfying and my feelings about the book are more positive than not.

5 comments:

Linz said...

I am glad that you liked it. I agree, she can be long winded!! But admit it... you love Ian. ADMIT IT!!!!

Angie said...

Ian is a great character. Very well-rounded and believable. :P

tiffany said...

are you going to read the twilight series now? they're really really good they made me want to read all of them and you know how much of a reader i am

Larry and Cindy said...

Well Angie this is late in coming... but I am glad you like The Host over all. I thought it was good and I am not much of a book reader. I find myself reading more and more and I am really enjoying it. Love Ya, MOM

Janay said...

I liked this book, too. I kind of lost interest with the last hundred pages, though. I almost didn't read The Host because Twilight was so awful! Now I'm glad I did.