Sunday, July 6, 2008

God Bless America!


We had a wonderful Independence Day, as usual. I love the fourth of July, because it is just as fun as Christmas without all the work and expense! It was especially terrific to have Grandma Cindy and Papa Larry with us again this year.Tracy took the boys down at about 5:30am and saved us a parade spot. Grandma Cindy, Papa Larry, Camary, Xander and I joined them around 8:45. We ate Krispy Kremes and waited for the parade to start. It reached us about 9:30. It was a great parade. Camary liked all the princesses, Ryan liked all the marching bands, Tracy liked Glen Beck, the other boys liked the Star Wars club (they were in costume).

After the parade we had a barbecue at our house, then the kids watched "Spiderwick Chronicles" while I baked cookies and Papa, Grandma, and Camary had a nap. Later, we went down to our usual spot on the MTC field to eat Kentucky Fried Chicken, blow bubbles, play frisbee, wave around glow sticks, and (eventually), watch the Stadium of Fire fireworks show. We got home about 11:45. Camary and Xander decided to stay up until 1:30am, so it was a long, but very fun day.
I am so very grateful to live in America and enjoy the blessings of liberty.

On Saturday, we went to visit Grandma and Grandpa Taylor when, oddly enough, our new dentist showed up at their front door. Turns out Dr. Jackson is James' twin brother. Small world, eh? Then we went out to dinner at Brick Oven. Mmmm. It was a sweet weekend.

4 comments:

tiffany said...

sounds like tons of fun i should have gone up there too. maybe next year

Angie said...

Woah, Tiff. You are fast! I barely finished editing the post when suddenly I had a comment.

Love you!

Larry and Cindy said...

YES, YES, YES, We had a most wonderful 4th of July and we always enjoy being up there in Utah
with the Lofthouse Crew for Independence Day. We had a great time and THANK YOU for everything!!
And may the tradition always carry
on!!! Have a wonderful week and I will talk to you soon!!! Love Ya A&F, MOM

Linz said...

Wow! Sounds like a wonderful day! I am glad you had fun! Do you like Spiderwick Chronicles? I haven't seen it, but it seems like something I would like!

Oh, by the way - I took your recommendation and read the Fablehaven books! I love them! Do I care that they are children's books? No! A good book is a good book and can be enjoyed by all! Thanks for putting me on to them!!

Glad you had a great holiday! I LOVE that picture of Sam! Classic!