Sunday, June 29, 2008

Our First Campout of the Summer





We went camping this past weekend in Huntington Canyon. We drove down Friday afternoon to a secluded little campground on the left fork of Huntington Creek. We roasted hot dogs for dinner, sat around the fire and visited and later made s'mores. The temperature dropped into the forties overnight, and it was cold! We all survived, though. Saturday morning, Tracy got sick and slept in the tent for two or three hours. The boys played cards, Camary did a word seek, and I read (The Host! Yes, I finally started it) and worked on my latest story. (Almost done ... give me another week or so.) After we packed up, we stopped for lunch at the Electric Lake overlook, then went home and collapsed. All in all, it was fun. Next time we'll have to go when Tracy is healthy ...

In other news:
We got our chicks in the mail today. (Apparently, they'll deliver on Sunday if it's really important. I'm sure they don't want live chickens in the post office overnight.) We ordered twenty-five, but they throw in a couple of extras just in case there are casualties during transport, so as of now we have twenty-seven adorable baby chicks.

4 comments:

tiffany said...

glad you had fun camping it sounds like fun and the chicks are so cute

Larry and Cindy said...

Your camping trip sounded so fun, sorry Tracy was under the weather!!
I have been there myself lately and I am finally on the mend!!! The baby chicks are so adorable!!
We haven't camped in forever!!!
Love Ya Always & Forever, Mom
You Go Girl..."The Host" don't stop!

Linz said...

Cute chickens! Looks like your campout was fun!!! Yea! How do you like The Host so far?

Angie said...

I am about 100 pages into The Host, and I like it so far. I took off the ugly cover and that helps. :)