Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Boobobber Man

Remember having trouble figuring out the lyrics to some of your favorite songs when you were a kid? I used to listen to songs by Alphaville or Bryan Adams over and over again trying to figure out what they were saying. That was probably a mistake, now that I think about it. Part of the problem, of course, is having a limited vocabulary, or being unfamiliar with common colloquialisms or cliches. So now my kids are dealing with the same thing. I broke out my Styx album awhile back and Blue Collar Man seems to be one of their favorites. Except they didn't know what the singer was saying. So don't be surprised if you hear me singing along:

"I'm gonna be a boobobber man."

2 comments:

Angie said...

Ha, ha. I love listening to them sing that. I miss you!
Angie

tiffany said...

thats funny you boobobber man i still cant figure out some lyrics