Sunday, June 1, 2008

Return to Sender?

I get weird mail.

First there are the credit card offers. I suppose everyone gets those. I just wonder what they are thinking when I have all of $0 personal income.

Then there are the invitations to free hearing aid seminars, endorsed by Lavell Edwards no less. (He's the former coach of BYU football if you didn't know. And he's old.) Okay, my hearing may not be perfect, but I'm only 36! I'm not quite ready for a hearing aid yet. But thanks anyway, Lavell.

I also get personal mailers from Stevens Henager College. They say I fit the profile of their students. What, because I've been unemployed for the last thirteen years? Hey, I want to say to them, I'll have you know I am a college graduate, and no, I'm not looking for a new career. I may also qualify for financial aid. Okey Dokey. (Don't get me wrong. Stevens Henager College is a great option for those who want to do it. I just wonder how I got on their list.)

Weirdest of all, perhaps was the letter I got yesterday informing me that I've been chosen to be listed in Who's Who among American Professional and Executive Women. Cool. The little information card to fill out asked about my job title and all about my business. Too bad I haven't exactly been moving in professional circles lately. Did I mention I've been unemployed for thirteen years? And even back then I was only frying donuts for $5 an hour. (Hmm. Maybe those Stevens Henager people do know what they are talking about.) Well, if they want to list me in Who's Who Among America's Stay Home Mothers, I'll be all over it!

8 comments:

tiffany said...

nice im glad im not the only one who gets credit offers and i've been getting offers for a heritage collage here in vegas i dont know how they got informed about me and in high school i got a thing about whose who in high school the thing for smart people i told mom and she said i dont think they mean you if they did they would have sent one to angie and one to lenny for sports yea that made me feel real good you are doing great as a mother and i wish i could have a 13year breack from work and work as a mother instead

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie, your the best. We love you.PaPa Larry

Larry and Cindy said...

Angie...you are doing the best job being a Stay Home Mom. There is not better way to make this would a better place. Keep up the GREAT WORK!!! Love Ya, MOM

Linz said...

HAHAHA! I get weird mail too. You are the best stay at home mom in my bool!!

Angie said...

Let's not even talk about email! I've been getting spam with the subject, "you look really stupid angie." Gee, thanks.

tiffany said...

about e-mail spam i get that all the time only im not going to say what the subjects are not very good ones yikes where do this pa=eople come from?

mandi said...

Hey - you have a blog!! Thanks for alerting me.

I get that same mail and also wonder why. I swear I get more credit card offers than Paul. I haven't got that looking stupid email yet, though. haha That's kinda funny.

I just read your other posts too - your kids are so cute! Xander looks so different to me - he's getting so big. What a cutie!

Angie said...

Hey, thanks, Mandi!