Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ramblings

 
Camary started her second year of preschool this week. She was excited, but also disappointed that her friend Sky won't be there this year. Her fifth birthday is coming up soon! Soccer season started last week. Rusty, Sam, and Finlay are all playing. We have 3-5 games per week. Yikes! I have learned to have serenity about soccer season. If I can't make it to all the games, then I can't. No problem. Last week we had the missionaries for dinner. Camary was so excited and talked non-stop the entire time. Ryan went on splits with them after dinner. That was awesome! The boys are enjoying school so far. Ryan is auditioning for the Music Man. Rusty is playing the bari sax in concert band and tenor sax in jazz band. He seems to be getting into band just as much as Ryan. In fact, they are both playing for the pep band at the high school football games. My little big boy got a haircut. He looks so cute.
 
He's still making fantastic messes, too, as you can see. One of his favorite things to do now is get a handful of toilet paper and splash around in the toilet with it. Hard to believe that he's almost two years old. Time goes by so quickly. I won a Christmas story contest. Yeah! You can read about it on my writing blog. The story will be in a collection of Christmas stories for sale starting Oct. 31. I'll post more details later. Tracy went mountain biking at Deer Valley last weekend. He only wiped out once, and got some impressive wounds. (We didn't take pictures, though. Sorry.) I sang a solo in church last week. Nearer My God to Thee. I think it went well. Anyway, birthday week is rapidly approaching (Tracy's turning 40!). I'm sure I'll be posting about that soon!

4 comments:

Linz said...

40? Really? Are you sure?

Anyway - congrats on all the great happenings! We love you guys!

Larry and Cindy said...

Tracy...40...Larry 60...Is it really possible??? WOW It sounds like your life is full and crazy... enjoy it, because your house will be empty before you know it!!! Well...you still have quite a few years. I should have had more kids. Oh Well, Grandkids are the BEST!!! Love Ya, MOM

Michelle said...

I am just in love with Xander. He is so fun!

Soccer MANIA!! That has GOT to keep you guys busy.

Congrats on winning the story contest!!!!!!!! And 40 isn't so old ... (at least I keep trying to say that to myself, since it's only a few years away for me - AGH!) So weird.

Good job on singing in church!

tiffany said...

i would make fun of tracy for being 40 but i cant kent will be 48 in november camray is so big and pretty wow & xander is just as cute as ever he can do no wrong in my eyes